Thursday, June 10

Spa Night!

For our Young Women’s activity last night we had a Spa Night. It was super fun! We invited the Relief Society sisters for manicures and pedicures and goodies. (As a way to transition the Young Women to Relief Society, we have joined forces and are planning joint activities with the Relief Society once a quarter. Last night was the first.) It was so fun!

We had a station set up for pedicures...



And we had a station set up for manicures...


We had amazing food (scratch brownies, fried pickles and mushrooms, tuna salad, artichoke and crab dip with crustinies, cucumber sandwiches, and raspberry punch)



























































And we even had a make and take table where everyone could take home some Mexican Chocolate Body Scrub and Coconut Vanilla Brown Sugar Body Buff.



I had fun decorating and the best part was that it cost me only $4 for the whole room! I was inspired by this tutorial to make all the white tissue paper flowers. And then I used this tutorial and some paper bags we had in the closet to create the brown flowers. My 2 in. punch isn’t scalloped, but I think it still turned out super cute! I added an extra circle that I punched out to create the leaves by just twisting the center of the circle. For the chairs, I raided our Relief Society closet and got 6 table cloths, draped them over the chairs and tied raffia and tulle in a knot around the chairs. The food table center piece is filled with sea shells that my kids have collected when we go to the beach. The cost was less than $25 for the whole night!



blog


No comments:

Post a Comment