Thursday, January 28

Crazy!...I know.

Okay, so yesterday was just a nutty day. I went clothes shopping. I usually can find really good deals and things that look totally awesome on me...but yesterday...not so much! I did find a $3 blouse for my business side of life, so that was good. I did not however find nice slacks or jacket for business which is the truly really reason I went in 4 separate stores in search of them. So, feeling a bit defeated, I took Jenna to Burger King and got drive through. Headed to Wal-Mart and parked in the parking lot to eat away my bummer day. Finished eating, got out of the van, locked the van, shut the door and double checked my purse for keys...triple checked for keys....quadruple checked for keys...NO KEYS. Looked back at car...keys dangling in the ignition......Augh! (that's me completely disgusted with myself). I must mention at this point that it's been about 2 years since I've done that so, I guess it was time. Luckily I did have my phone and wallet in my purse on my shoulder. I called Randall and we then arranged for our neighbors to watch the kids (I had all the car seats) so that Randall could come rescue me in the pick up truck...oh but wait, I had both spare keys to the truck with me! As it happened Debbie had an extra and he was able to come and save me after an hour of bumming around Wal-Mart after I checked out.

All that to say, I had the worst desire to create something that I know would be good and that I had complete control over once I got home. So, I made cupcakes (I know, right?). I make 24 and to date every single one are gone. Not by me thank goodness! I don't think my thighs could handle any more fat.... I took them to church where the youth often become my giunepigs for my creations. I had one left when I got home and Bud rushed in to devour it this morning. So, do you want to know what kind I made? I was intirely my own invention. Although i received inspiration from my newest book, 'Jam it, Pickle it, Cure it'. I made what will forever be known as:

Carmel Butter Pecan Cupcakes with a Salted Carmel Cream Cheese Frosting

Long name, right? Maybe I should name it CBPCSCCCF? (Wow. Flashbacks to Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs) It was really fun to put these together and I think I'll definitely be added these to the repertoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment