Friday, January 15

Be Strong

About 4 or 5 months ago, I got a phone call from my m-i-l (Randall's step-mom). She told me that she was reading her scriptures and that she was lead to share with me some scriptures that would help our family in the coming months. One of those scriptures was Joshua 1:9 which states: "Be strong and of a good courage, for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest." Shortly afterward, I found out that this was the theme for the youth of the church during 2010. I love it! It has really struck accord with me and I'm uber excited about it and including it in all our activities this year.
Next week I'm in charge of our combined activity and as part of it I made these chocolate boxes for handouts. I made both the box and the wrappers in Photoshop. It was a fun project. When all 20 boxes are stacked up, they look this building blocks, which is part of what I'm going to talk about with them. I think I'm going to start with a clip from A Brand New Year that introduces the theme: Be Strong and of a Good Courage. Then we're going to play a game to help illutrate the point that as we are strong and courageous we are building the kingdom of God. So, yeah...I'm super excited about all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment