Wednesday, February 25

Potato Patato

So, the other day I had this terrible craving for potatoes. But, not just any potato recipe would do. I wanted to make Crash Hot Potatoes. You see, when I want to make something I have this blog that I always turn to for inspiration. I found it about two years ago when I completely changed my lifestyle to avoid being put on medication for the rest of my life. I had symptoms that pointed the doctor to Crohn's. They wanted to run a series of tests, tests that I couldn't afford, just to make sure that's what it was. So, being the ever resourceful person that I am, I did some research and studying and decided to completely change my diet and go raw. It was amazing the difference. I finally was able to feel normal. I finally was living without the pain, which had at points gotten so severe that I was limited to my bed for long periods of time. (Not exactly where you want to be as a mother with two very young and active children.) I started the change with a body cleanse and then went raw and then vegan with 80% raw and 20% cooked food.

Vegan Yum Yum saved me from a world of monotony. A world of wonder and culinary success opened up to me. The stellar pictures sucked me in and then the easy recipes hooked me as a devoted reader and recipe tester. Nearly everything she has posted in the last year I has made its way into my heart and kitchen at some point. So, when she posted The Pioneer Woman's recipe for Crash Hot Potatoes, I knew I needed to make them. And I knew it again the other day when I was buzzing around the grocery store in my motorized shopping cart picking up food for this week. I grabbed some small potatoes and giggled with delight at the yumminess awaiting me and my family.

But, when I got home, I realized that I have half a bag of Yukon gold potatoes that need using up be for they go bad. So, I went online and got the recipe for the potatoes and I clicked on the pioneer woman's link in the post and fell in love again. I love everything about her website, from photos to recipes and I found a link to another blog that has me hooked as well. Lottie and Doof, she had a recipe for Garlicky Oven Fries that has won my vote for what to do with those other potatoes before they rot. Crispity, crunch. That's what I'm craving…

No comments:

Post a Comment