Friday, July 10

I should have...

...posted this yesterday, but I was busy playing with the baby! Any who. I've been making little booties for Shiloh and I'll share pictures of those tomorrow when I get them all done. I'm sewing several pairs and figuring out with ones fit her feet and stay on the best. I've got just two more pairs to sew, too. They've all been very easy so far, so keep your eyes out for all that info and more in a few days.

But, what I really want to post is the coolest dinner idea I've ever had, and my husband LOVED it to boot! I'm going to call it Dump Chili. And the story goes like this. It's a Wednesday night and I'm rushed as usual. I've got to get to the church in 10 minus 4 and counting, but I need to fix dinner. A girl's got to keep up her energy you know! It's raining outside and I love chili and cornbread when it's a cold and dreary day. So, I get out some cans of beans a big can of tomatoes and dump it all in a pot with some seasonings. Chili, check! Now, it's time for the cornbread. Oh boy! It would take too long to cook for me to leave on time. So, I get a fabulous idea...Cornbread dumplings. So, I whip it up and dump them in one beautiful spoonful at a time (adding just a bit more water so they'll have something to cook in). And in about 15 minutes I've got dinner made and set on the table. I ate and left for church to teach tie dye to the young women, but when I came home...

I was hailed as nothing short of a hero! Both Ashton and Randall loved the chili. Randall told me that I should make it a permanent staple at the dinner table. And from Ashton I got, "Mom, that was the BEST! I have the best mom ever!" And he told me that in the middle of watching Monster Quest with Randall, so I know it was really heartfelt and nothing that they rehearsed together to make me feel good. So, I'm feeling like a total kitchen genius now...

Something else that has me feeling like I scored big time is the new way that I have organized my life. I've tried many things that have come and gone over the years. I had a palm pilot, I used a dry erase board, I've made endless lists. All have come and all have gone. I've realized that I need to have a tangible experience with my calendar. So, I went to wal-mart and got a cheap $6 planner and I write down any important events and then fill in what needs to be done each day and then what I want to do each day and then ( here's the key for me) there's no pressure to get everything complete, barring absolute appointments. If I don't finish then it goes on the schedule for the next day. I love it! It seems simple I know, and most of you out there have probably already figured that out, but I'm loving it! I've got all my handouts done for my lesson on Sunday. Which usually waits until Saturday. I'll gather everything up at 10pm on Sat and hope that i have everything together for Church the next day. But this week I had it all done by Wed night. Which reminds me I want to post my handout here. This week our lesson is from Manaul 1 #24 Prayer and Meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment