Thursday, June 18

What did we do before?

Attetion!...Breaking News Alert!...Congrats to my cousin Krista! She won the shawl and it will be winging it's way to her very soon!...And now bake to our regularly scheduled blog...

I feel very bummed that my camera, for whatever reason, has decided to go to pot. I think that it's just time to buy a new camera. Ours is one of the first digital cameras and it has a whopping 3 mega pixels. You can get a similar model now except that it has 8 mega pixels for the same price that was paid for this one. Any way all this blather to say, I finished some more knitting yesterday and I wanted to share it with you, but alas, you'll just have to use your imagination...

I made a reusable Swiffer pad. It's a beaut too! I use 100% cotton yarn in a purple and green variegated ombre. It has buttons to keep it on the Swiffer and when I'm done sweeping the kitchen I just toss it in the washing machine and it's good to go. I have to say, these have been a long time coming and I don't know why. It took me a whole two hours from start to finish and it was a completely useful result! And I did just buy the swiffer in order to make the pads. I had one when they were new and I hated the waste it created. But then I found this pattern and PRESTO! all it right in the world with my new favorite cleaning tool...

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU!!! It's gorgeous!!! :-) Taken lots of pics that I'll have to post soon - been SOOO crazy over here!

    Reusable Swiffer pads are a great idea, too - I'll have to try that sometime! :-)

    ReplyDelete